The PADI Drift Diver course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
What will I learn?
- Planning, organisation, techniques, and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation. Be at least 12 years old.
How many dives do I have to do?
The course consists of two dives. If you have completed the Drift dive as part of the Adventures in Diving program that dive may count as the first dive of this course.
How do I start the course?
Contact Frank by email or call 07866 361898