Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During the course you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team.
What will I learn?
- Self rescue.
- Self Reliant Diving.
- Equipment for Self Reliant Diving.
- Dive Planning.
- Independent Management of Dive Emergencies .
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- Have a minimum 100 logged dives.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Successfully complete a dive skills assessment by a PADI Self-Reliant Diver Speciality Instructor.
How many dives do I have to do?
The course consists of three dives.
How do I start the course?
Contact Frank by email or call 07866 361898